Chief Steward [Unsolicited Application]
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of global offshore marine services and integrated solutions for the energy sector worldwide. We serve the energy sector with a fleet of 44 vessels manned by more than 1,100 crew members and supported by around 200 onshore staff worldwide. Maersk Supply Service brings more than 50 years of hands-on marine experience in performing complex operations at sea.
This is a general advertisement in which you may register a short application as Chief Steward and your CV if you wish to be listed in our candidate database. This does not necessarily imply that we have any vacancies.
The Chief Steward is overall responsible for the catering department, training of cooks, assistant cooks, and stewards. The Chief Steward is also responsible for providing healthy, safe, efficient and cost-effective catering in accordance with the company's procedures, industry legislation, and the company's Safety Management System.
To be considered for a position as Chief Steward in Maersk Supply Service, please see below for operational experience and certification
You have experience as Chief Steward with functions such as
- Being an important part of the safety function
- Experience with planning, handling and catering for large numbers guests onboard
- Excellent leadership skills and an empathic mindset
You have the below minimum requirements
- Certificate of Competence as Ship’s Cook
- Food Handling and Hygiene Certification
- Basic STCW Certificates
- Proficiency in Security Awareness
- Medical Certificate (STCW)
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Hepatitis A Vaccination (Havrix)
- Discharge Book
Below education/courses is an advantage but not a requirement
- HUET – OPITO Approved
- Crowd Management Certification
- Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/3)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than FRB