Do you know everything worth knowing about vessel maintenance to deliver high stand operation performance during anchor handling, towing, supply and dynamic positioning activities? Would you like to share that knowledge with others promoting a learning environment amongst the team, ensuring optimal marine operations and future improvements?
This is your chance to apply for Maersk Supply Service which is looking for skilled and experienced Second Engineer to make part of our fleet.
A key position in Maersk Supply Service will expose you to challenging opportunities to contribute with and develop your competencies on technically advanced vessels. You will also have the chance to influence and optimize efficiency and procedures in line with increasing empowerment of our vessels.
You will be part of a truly international company. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times.
- Optimum utilization of resources allocated, including work plans and overtime.
- Issuing appropriate orders and instructions in a clear and simple manner.
- Understand the importance of briefing and debriefing to ensure efficient teamwork.
- Instruct and supervise Officers and Ratings of the vessel in the Company risk assessment, job package and permit to work system.
- Training of supervised personnel which includes:
- Health and safety.
- Environmental protection.
- Use of manuals and procedures.
- Proper use of tools and equipment.
- Standard maintenance and operating practices.
- Perform maintenance schedule according to PMS System.
- Disperse outstanding work to engineers and engine crew.
- Develop the skills and confidence of the more junior members of the team.
- Consumption of consumables, stores, spares and lube oils to be reported to the Chief Engineer.
- Check stock of stores and spare parts in order to ensure that minimum requirements can be kept at all times.
- Check delivery of stores and spare parts according to forwarding advice from suppliers.
- Overview of Environmental Programs such as SEEMP, ECP and ISO14001.
Who we are looking for:
Part of your success depends on your ability to facilitate cross-functional collaborations. It is the entire company succeeding together.
That is why you need to be great at gathering, motivating and managing people, so we all move in the same direction at the same time. Furthermore, we are also looking for someone who:
- Has Brazilian credentials in place, that allows you to work in Brazilian waters.
- Second Engineers with minimum 12 months of sailing time in-rank with experience on ships of conventional propulsion arrangement with medium speed engines, gearbox and CPP.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of medium speed engines.
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has managerial skills and enjoys working on multicultural teams.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and a good team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese is a must have for this position.
Candidatures will be assessed on an ongoing basis, and recruitment process will be concluded when the right candidate is found. In case you feel you are the right candidate for this position, we suggest you to apply as soon as possible.
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of marine services and integrated solutions to the energy sector worldwide with a large fleet of anchor handling tug supply vessels and subsea support vessels. The company provides solutions to the oil and gas industry in areas such as towing and mooring installation, subsea construction, and light well intervention services, and supports other industries such as offshore wind, deep sea mineral recovery and ocean cleaning. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organisation evolves into new business areas and is positioned for a strong future. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of approximately 1100 offshore and 200 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, Luanda, Manila, Mexico City, Perth, Rio de Janeiro, St. John’s, and Singapore. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S which employs roughly 70,000 employees across operations in 130 countries. For more information visit www.maersksupplyservice.com