Do you know everything worth knowing about vessel maintenance to deliver high stand operation performance during anchor handling, towing, supply and dynamic positioning activities? Would you like to share that knowledge with others promoting a learning environment amongst the team, ensuring optimal marine operations and future improvements?
This is your chance to apply for Maersk Supply Service which is looking for skilled and experienced Chief Engineers to make part of our fleet
A key position in Maersk Supply Service will expose you to challenging opportunities to contribute with and develop your competencies on technically advanced vessels. You will also have the chance to influence and optimize efficiency and procedures in line with increasing empowerment of our vessels.
You will be part of a truly international company. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times.
- Execute administration, management and supervision within his scope of responsibility, in order to ensure that tasks are performed in a manner that fulfils compliance with relevant legislation, class requirements, and the Company's Management System.
- In conjunction with the Master, control and distribute the daily responsibility for the inspection and check of lifesaving, fire prevention, firefighting and another emergency equipment.
- Keep the Master and appropriate departments ashore well informed so that they can co-ordinate and control activities toward maximum safety, environmental protection and quality.
- In all respects be responsible for conducting C/E duties, and to deal with authorities, customers, charters, agents and suppliers, in the best interest of the company.
- Ensure the safe and correct running of main engine, auxiliary engines and all such primary/secondary equipment and systems, in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and in keeping with Company procedures.
- Understand the parameters to ensure efficient maintenance and operation of engine plants, i.e. fuel efficiency, power analysis and systems heat balance.
- Control the consumption of fuel and water in order that the Master can ensure that the vessel carries adequate stocks of fuel and water consistent with the Owner's requirements.
- Supervise, control and verify the application and consumption of fuel, spare parts and stores, focusing on fuel efficiency.
- Ensure that the CO2 plants are secured against unintended release during inspection/maintenance and during yard stays.
- Documentation of control and review of maintenance, repairs, additions, changes and modifications
- Realize the need for management systems and procedures, particularly in areas of emergency, malfunction safety back up, contingency planning and protection of the environment.
- Recognize non-compliance with a specific requirement and analyses the reason for the non-compliance. Ensure personnel are aware of, the reason for the non-compliance and how same is to be permanently eliminated in future.
- Understand the importance of briefing and debriefing to ensure efficient teamwork ant to develop the skills and confidence of his officers by providing on board training.
- Resolve environmental concerns, such as inoperative or ineffective pollution prevention and engine room effluent handling equipment or ineffective procedures for pollution minimization.
- Ensure that all engine room effluent that is subject to special handling requirements are being managed properly and in compliance with applicable requirements and operating line policies of Maersk.
- Manage or supervise the management of routine maintenance such as cleaning strainers and filter, cleaning purifiers, exhaust gas and auxiliary boiler cleaning, oil changes in rotating equipment, compressor and auxiliary engines.
- Ensure that class items related to all machinery, hull and tanks are kept current and up to date with regard to surveys.
- Supervise and partake in all maintenance of all main, auxiliary and ancillary machinery. We expect our crews to perform the required maintenance onboard.
Who we are looking for:
Part of your success depends on your ability to facilitate cross-functional collaborations. It is the entire company succeeding together.
That is why you need to be great at gathering, motivating and managing people, so we all move in the same direction at the same time. Furthermore, we are also looking for someone who:
- Has Brazilian credentials in place, that allows you to work in rank in Brazilian waters.
- Chief Engineers with minimum 12 months of sailing time in-rank with experience on ships of conventional propulsion arrangement with medium speed engines, gearbox and CPP.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of medium speed engines.
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has managerial skills and enjoys working on multicultural teams.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and a good team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese is a must have for this position.
Candidatures will be assessed on an ongoing basis, and recruitment process will be concluded when the right candidate is found. In case you feel you are the right candidate for this position, we suggest you apply as soon as possible.
Maersk Supply Service is a leading provider of marine services and integrated solutions to the energy sector worldwide with a large fleet of anchor handling tug supply vessels and subsea support vessels. The company provides solutions to the oil and gas industry in areas such as towing and mooring installation, subsea construction, and light well intervention services, and supports other industries such as offshore wind, deep sea mineral recovery and ocean cleaning. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organisation evolves into new business areas and is positioned for a strong future. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of approximately 1100 offshore and 200 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, Luanda, Manila, Mexico City, Perth, Rio de Janeiro, St. John’s, and Singapore. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S which employs roughly 70,000 employees across operations in 130 countries. For more information visit www.maersksupplyservice.com